Information For Authors
The Student Journal of Service Sector Management Research is an open access journal that publishes student research from the Department of Service Sector Management at Sheffield Hallam University. Publishing your research can seem like a daunting task the first time. This journal has been created to help students get over this first hurdle and hopefully encourage you to publish further.
Interested in submitting to this journal?
We recommend that you first speak to either your project or dissertation supervisor and read the submission guidelines carefully.
Submission Preparation Checklist
- My supervisor has recommended me to publish in this journal and has approved the article being submitted.
- I have achieved a score of 70 and above in my project or dissertation.
- I have read the Student Guidance on Publication Procedures and me and my supervisor have signed the declaration form.
- I have received SHU ethical approval, the research has been conducted according to SHU ethical procedures and I have a BTE ethics number.
- This work has not been published elsewhere, nor is it currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- I confirm that there are no conflicts of interest or where there are conflicts of interest this has been declared.
- The submission file is Microsoft Word format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- My supervisor has completed the supervisor submission checklist, and this is being submitted along with the paper.
How to Submit?
All submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission must include:
1. A cover page with the article title, author's name, author's contact details and supervisor's details.
2. Your paper in the specified journal format. Click HERE for the paper template.
3. Signed supervisor checklist. Click HERE for the supervisor checklist.
4. Signed student checklist. Click HERE for the student checklist.
Once you have collated all of these documents, please e-mail them to email@example.com
Articles in The Student Journal of Service Sector Management Research are published under the CC-BY-NC-ND licence unless otherwise stated.
Authors choosing to publish their article in The Student Journal of Service Sector Management Research remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the policy under the CC-BY-NC-ND licence.
It is the responsibility of authors to ensure that permissions to reproduce any kind of third party material are obtained from copyright holders prior to the article being submitted for publication.